Wednesday, April 6, 2005


Sons trailer for his lawn mowing buisness Posted by Hello

So my daughter came up to me wanting some money last year.

“Dad, can you give me 10 dollars to buy some earrings from claires”

“NO”

“Well how can I buy them”

“GET A JOB”

“Well dad I am only 14”

“BABYSIT”

So she printed up fliers and put them all over the neighborhood and she has been babysitting a little bit and buying earrings and Johnny Depp posters and typical 14yr old girl stuff.

So my son came up a few months ago

“Dad can I have 50 dollars to buy this x-box football game”

“NO”

“Well how can I buy it?”

“GET A JOB”

“Well dad I am only 12”

“SO MOW YARDS”

So he printed flyers and distributed them in the neighborhood and already has 2 clients.

Now me, I charge them both 20 bucks a month to use the phone for there business. And I am leasing my son the lawnmower since its mine. And I charge them for the paper and ink and the use of my printer for the fliers. Also I charge a tax of 30% on all income they receive for housing and food..

I sure hope they get a lot more jobs!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I ever remember driving you around town in that old blue pickup so you could use Dad's mower to make some spending money. I think I also booked all the jobs and probably paid for the gas in the mower.

Once you did buy me a bouquet of flowers and I treasure that memory. Parenthood has sure changed!

Sue said...

WAIT A DARN MINUTE!!!! I was around 9 or 10 years old when you first started your lawn mowing business and you somehow convinced me to walk in the searing Texas sun all over the neighborhood putting your little business cards in people's doors. I was so hot I drank water from someone's water hose (I felt like a felon). Did you pay me for that? Or did I have to pay you a tax for the pleasure of doing your dirty work? How in the world do those kids make any money? Amazing!

beckn32 said...

Cool trailer! Brad saw the picture and thought it was tight (teenspeak). He was mowing lawns in San Diego but got really tired of working too much and getting paid too little. We told him that if he wanted to quit, he had to tell his customer himself since they had grown to depend on him. He's a shy guy and had the hardest time doing it. Life lesson? Probably not.

Anonymous said...

How about a bid for mowing 3/4 acre in east Tennessee? I'd make sure he got enough profit to buy the football game.

With you billing the business expenses at that rate though he'd probably have to charge me $150! If he started this evening on the bike, he could probably make it here by mid-May...

Anonymous said...

He'll probably make more money than you do.

Anonymous said...

You need to lower the trailer and then cut a hole in the middle of the trailer. He could start the mower up and then just ride the bike around the yard. Self Propelled.....GET-R-DONE!