Monday, April 25, 2005

Gas Prices

Most people that complain about gas prices do the following.

1. Think GW is doing a great job.

2. Drive by themselves.

3. Would never take public transportation.

4. Drive as fast as they can get away with and then complain when they get a ticket.

5. Drive a gas guzzling machine and love it more than there kids or spouse.


now me...

1. GW and Hitler are alot alike

2. I carpool

3. I would love to take a bus or train to work.

4. Do the speed limit or close to it.

5. Have a ford focus.

This past fill up, I averaged 38.4 miles per gallon. That is above what the EPA estimated on my car when I bought it.
I slowed down to 60 mph on the Interstate. And that is the speed limit.

Before you complain about gas prices, ask yourself if you are doing your part to streatch your gas dollars.

ok back to your bourbon and coke, that is all the Hippy preaching from me today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hearse, hearse, hearse..... It pains me to continue to see you reject technology for the more earthly ways of yesterday. I think perhaps you are the only person I know who can persuasivly argue the fact that a Floppy Drive for a computer is a thing of the past, and in the next thought, be a proponant for the Segway, horse and buggie, bicycle, whatever. I know your not old enough to have these "I walked to school 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways" type memories. Embrace the future hearse!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify, am just ragging on you in the earlier comment. The whole Oil thing really is out of control and I really do know where your coming from. Am curious - the folks driving these big 4 miles per gallon suburban tanks - do they have a son/daughter/loved one serving in the war for oil (er.....ahem......) the war against "Terror"? If so, do they have trouble sleeping at night?

Anyway, I'll side with you on this one but the whole "anti direct deposit" thing because you enjoy spending time in a real bank visiting tellers......now that's just strange! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm w/ you hearse. Screw all those people who drive Ford Expedition.

Anonymous said...

Yah, getting gasoline these days does suck. I've filled my car up once in the past month though. That's pretty good. I haven't been driving to work much, been walking the 3 blocks. :)

I just don't drive my car much anymore since my system got stolen. But yah, all those honkies drivin Expeditions and crap isn't good. There's shit tons of em around here...