Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Pool update, Hold em, Date, geeks


Unibomber poker kid. Posted by Hello

First things first.

The weather has been rainy all week, but today on the way home the sun came out. We have a chance of thunderstorms the next few days. It they miss us the ground will be dry enough to work this weekend. I am hoping for the best!

The son, daughter, wife and I are playing a family texas hold em "poker tour" at the house. Son and daughter came up with the rules. My son takes his games very serious. That is him, trying to hide himself so we wont be able to "read" his expressions and figure out what he has.
The daughter, the first night, bluffed a huge pot out of me and the son "the profesional" players. She had nothing, but played the giggly "I got a pair of aces" and we fell for it. She didnt win the tourny but that one hand made her night! Its the little things that make your day more often than not! (holly cow, hearsedrv the philosipher?)

Me and the wife went on a double date last night with her brother and his wife. My kids baby sat his 15month old. We have not been on a date in ages. I am a grouchy old fart that hates people and hates eating out, that is why its been years!
Met at bro-in-laws house after work, went to dinner.
Now I hate restraunts.
Last night our waiter is "Todd". some young punk, earings in both ears, half a brain, happy how the hell are you buttwipe. I hate that crap. This guy wasnt too bad, but most I cant stand. "HI, MY NAME IS STUPID, HAPPY, DUMB, GOOD LOOKING, YOUNG, BITCH, AND I WILL BE TRYING TO MESS UP THE WHOLE MEAL FOR YOU TONIGHT, AND I EXPECT TO GET A 20% TIP WHEN I AM DONE!"
I waited tables and never acted as bad as they do. To me a waiter should never be seen or thought of. A good meal is when you dont know for sure if your waiter is a guy or girl. The best restraunt I ever took my wife too, the waitress/waiter? was awesome. She or he took our order, brought the right drinks and brought the food. thats all, and damit that is all I want. If I wanted some young female to flirt with me I would be at a topless bar, hell! Just bring the food and drinks and stay away from me. Leave your "flair" in the toilet were it belongs!
Now "todd" did mess up in the worse way though.
My drink.
I drink bourbon and coke. I love the taste of bourbon mixed with coca-cola. Not pepsi,not Dr. Pepper, but coca-cola.
BUT, NOTICE I SAID BOURBON? FOR THOSE THAT DONT DRINK OR DONT WAIT TABLES. BOURBON IS MADE ONLY A CERTAIN WAY AND ONLY IN KENTUCKY. NO WERE ELSE. JACK DANIELS IS NO BOURBON JACK IS A WHISKEY. HUGE DIFFRENCE.
Well stupid, who I have been calling "todd" brought me a "jack and coke" when I sent that crap back, he asked what was wrong. I asked "what is that?" he said Jack and coke like you asked for, "no I asked for Bourbon and coke"....."ohhh well its the same thing" Susie were is my 2 x 4?


http://www.straightbourbon.com/

That link above, all waiters and waitress's should read. Its in english. Learn it, live , be it!
Other than stupid not knowing crap about his job, it was a really good dinner. I didnt say bad things to the waiter, and enjoyed the company. The meal was ok, nothing like my wife cooks but slumming once in awhile is ok.

BUT IT GETS BETTER!

We goto a 8:10 movie. The stepford wifes. Now the movie was ok. nothing bad nothing great, I enjoyed it, sitting next to my hottie!

but the fun part is, we go in, and just after they take our tickets, they have a ropped off area. Little sighns, "line for 12:01am showing of spiderman 2 is here. and damned if 4 hours before midnight there are uhhh there are, well there are,
ohhh hell,
there are some freaking geeks sitting down, waiting for the midnight showing of the premier of spiderman2.
Not kids mind you, but people over the age of 16.
And it gets worse.
There is a guy, probably 18? 17? and he has a spiderman uniform on!!
I kid you not! He is wearing a spiderman outfit, sitting in a roped off area, in a major metorpolitian area, waiting for the premier of spiderman2!

Made me wish I had my spiderman undroos on!

Me and bro in law got a great laugh out of it!
He is a police in that city and does security at that theatre, and he said "you should have seen the re-release of star wars!, all guys my age, waiting hours dressed up like star wars characters!"
dont ever call me a geek again! I may know alot about computers but Im no GEEK
dont put me in the same cat as them freaks!

Well, I am hoping that I can get alot done this long weekend on the pool. May the rain gods move to west texas were its needed!




1 comment:

E. McPan said...

I take it back - there were people dressed up to see Fahrenheit 9/11. For the most part they were dressed like hippie Democrats, long-haired guys, flowing skirts (for women), and Kerry buttons.