Sunday, June 20, 2004

The dig is done! woo hoo!


The dig is done! Posted by Hello

Finally finished the dig!

Saturday, me and my brother in law spent 12 hours working with a skid steer loader (bobcat is brand and the one I rented was brand new, it was a big SOB) and got all but the hopper end done.

The hopper is the deep end, its 6 feet deep, 4x6 sq with the sides sloping down to it.

I hired some hands today to finish out the hopper end.
It all needed to be dug by hand. It would have taken me about 3 weeks to finish, what 3 guys plus myself did in 5 hours today!

I also have all the post for my fence dug, wife and I have 4 set ready for concrete, tomorrow will finish the other 5 and pore concrete around them. tuesday we should be able to put the fence back up.
What the deal is, my backyard sloped as much as 2.5 feet from my patio to the back fence. we used the dirt from the pool to level it out. Thus I had to remove a big portion of the back fence, raising it up as much as 2.5 feet.

This week we should have the fence done and sides done. And one of my 3 inspections done!

I will update later this week.

No comments: