Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Ohhhh poor me


pool is about 2 foot deep, to 3 foot deep full of water Posted by Hello


This picture does not capture the whole thing.
Basically, I am putting in my own in ground pool.
Now most say "ohhh we put in an inground pool, we love it!" Well your a wimp and I dont want to here how you had an inground pool put in. If you did not have a shovel in your hand digging it yourself you did not put in an inground pool. you paid someone to put in an ingound pool.

when I say I am putting in an inground pool, I mean I am doing it all, from digging it myself to putting the water hose in it! (I do accept help from friends and family! so I will change it to "we are putting in an inground pool". we being me and my friends and family.

I was going to subcontract out the digging of the hole, but lazy drunk white trash fers didnt show, didnt call etc, so I rented a backhoe and got after it!
Now my grandfather convinced me that I could do it, and he was correct!....that brings up a point, if as we get older we realize our dads were not as stupid as we thought they were, does this mean that there dads are even more smarter? (more smarter? is that like more bigger? ahh you know what i mean so shut up!)

well, 3 days into it, it started raining, finally tally, rain gage 8 inchs, pool 3 feet of muddy water! wooohoo dont need no water hose now do I?

I did get all the water drained and most of the hole dug. This coming weekend I will be renting a skid loader to finish the dig, me and my brother in law decided that doing the last 2 to 6 inches by hand was to dang much work! (2 inches is alot when it comes to dirt, some might think 2 inches is small, but they would be wrong! Thats perverted humor for those that dont get it!)

Now if you have read this far, you might wonder how is asshole hearse able to stay in a good mood or rather how has he kept from going postal?
I will give a cronological order of things. bear with me.

sat, dad shows up, i rent backhoe, friend shows up, we dig all day.
sun. dad, me and bro in law dig. get about 70% done.
sun night rains 1/2 inch.
monday, 4 pm able to start up dig again by myself (i had taken the whole week off work)
tuesday, black tuesday, it starts to rain at 7 am, ends up stoping thursday evening. I
Call my boss ask if i can work the rest of week, since i cant do anything on
the dig, no problem he say. i am pretty pissed but what can you do.
Wed., goto work in rain, bad drive, pissed whole time, get to work, and find out friends
dog had died, while his wife and kids were out of town! family pet, kids are 3
and 7 or some such, had the dog 11 years he is bumed. so my little rain not to
bad.
thurs. talked to friend about his dog tell him that sucks (Real guys dont show emotion
duhhh) he says, "I was felling sorry for myself, upset i had lost my dog, called
my wife, she is crying, she is back in town she grew up in with visiting family
and friends, and her good friend from high school, 2yr old had cancer and they
had just 'unplugged' him, and he passed away, so my dog dying is not nearly as
bad as that" KINDA PUTS THINGS INTO PERCPECTIVE, WHO CARES ABOUT SOME DANG
WATER IN A HOLE!

Friday, get back to dig after work,
Sat, get going on dig, but its slow, hard work, starting to get mad cause so muddy, so slow etc, wife talks to her sister, and gets the news that a fellow policman that works and is friends with her brother was killed by a drunk driver on a traffic stop in the town they work in. again, puts the pool into the place it needs to be in!


I am taking it easy most of this week, gonna hopefully finish the dig this weekend.
Kinda worried though, every time i get going on the dig, something unpleasant happens!

No comments: