Thursday, December 22, 2005

Untitled-Scanned-04


Untitled-Scanned-04, originally uploaded by hearsedrv.

Ok the picture above is of my Grandparents about 25 years ago. They both passed away a few years ago. This picture was taken by Dad in about 1981 or so. That model T is one of the many vehicles he restored. Another is sitting in my moms garage that is hers. (it was her dad and mom)

So the other day I had laser eye surgery. It was the first time I have ever had the drug valium so I blame this on that.

The night after my surgery I had a pretty wild dream. Now normally I wouldn’t talk about my dreams in any forum were my mom might read it. There are just some things you don’t talk to your mom about duhhh.

I guess since I have been blogging about Burning Man and I was on valium it makes since.

I am at burning man and who is there with me? My grandparents. What I can remember is Granddad going over to talk to some people about there art car. Perfectly normal! Me and Nanny (that’s what we called her) went around the corner to the pink pancake theme camp to get some breakfast but the topless girl that was cleaning up said we missed them. So we found granddad talking to some folks (he was talking to some people just like the time him and I in real life had gone to some salvage yards hunting some old parts for cars) and informed him and we decided that since they had not brought food or water that they should go on into reno and stay there. Then I woke up.

This whole thing was real freaky on several levels.

One just my grandparents going to burning man. Enough said I think there.

Then, Nanny not worred about the topless girl. She was worried about the food. Now she should have been worried about the food but I know in real life the topless chick at the pink pancake would have uhhh well lets say I don’t think it would have been a calm affair! (and there was not a pink pancake theme camp that I knew of but there were camps that gave away food some mornings)

And then having a dream with my grandparents in it. They are the only close people that have passed away and it’s the second time I have dreamed about them (the other time it was a George Bush inauguration ceremony, and that is weirder than Burning Man!)

To tell the truth though it was real nice to see my grandparents and talk to them. Yea yea it was a dream but it was real pleasant. Not that I am gonna take valium to get the dream again (Actually I think the valium had worn off, I was just tired)

Oh and notice how much I look like my grandfather. I have been told I look like his dad even more. Also his wife and my wife have the same name. welcome to the twilight zone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're right about how Mother and Daddy would have acted at Burning Man! Daddy was interested in everything and would have found plenty of people to talk to! And to be honest, Mother WAS always thinking about the next meal! Usually she was planning what to feed the family, but she did like to eat out! I guess Burning Man is the ultimate outdoor eating experience!