Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Leaving Durango


Leaving Durango, originally uploaded by hearsedrv.

Day two on the road.

We drove into Durango at 11 at night. The next morning this is what we awoke to! One hell of a difference from the panhandle!

Allot happened this day.

We left Durango which is in the South West corner of Colorado and headed across Utah to the middle of Nevada.

Utah is awesome. Some of the best scenery you can ever view. I will post some pictures of Utah I took while driving.

Then we cut across Nevada heading to Falon. We took a road named the loneliest road in the world and it sure was. 270 miles with one city in the middle. Otherwise nothing was there.

In Utah coming down some mountains the breaks on my truck got hot and started grabbing. I was not using the transmission to slow down like I should have been. So we stopped for lunch and let them cool down and I remembered to downshift!

Coming out of the city after lunch these deer just crossed the highway in front of us! Was pretty amazing!

No comments: