Tuesday, January 10, 2006

wedding


wedding, originally uploaded by hearsedrv.

January 11th, 1986

20 years ago Katy and I were married at her moms house in Arlington.

Katy looks just a beautiful today as she did that cool January day 20 years ago.

Me I have lost the hair and gained a few pounds.

We have lived in Lubbock, Plainview, Midland, Arlington, Fort Worth and now Burleson/Joshua.

We moved from apartments to dorms to rent houses to a trailer (6 months is all she put up with that!) to a nice house with our own pool.

We went to New Orleans for our honeymoon in her 1974 vw bug. My hearse wouldn’t make that long of a drive!
We had planned on going back for our 20th, been planning that for a few years. We could still go but decided to pass instead we are taking a honeymoon to Austin. We are getting tattoos to celebrate!

I don’t regret a single thing. Its been a great 20yrs and every year just gets better.

I don’t know how I would react to my kids getting married as young as we did, but we did it and it turned out great.

2 comments:

beckn32 said...

Oh my goodness, has it been 20 years already? Wow! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. I remember that day in 1986 too.

Anonymous said...

I wondered why the photo album was out! What a wonderful thing to blog. I have to say the last 20 years have been...fantastic, adventurous,exilerating, and just plain awesome! I could not ask for a better husband. There are so many ways he is perfect, from his ability to fix anything to the way he knows me so well and sometimes even fixes me! I love you, honey, and can't wait to see what the next 20 years brings.