Tuesday, January 24, 2006

DR's are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

From my sisters blog

“I haven't blogged in a while because nothing interesting has happened to me. Now, finally something has.

My brother got LASIK surgery on his eyes and declared it a piece of cake. Please understand my brother is a wimp. First class baby. He wimpers at a stubbed toe (claims it is broken) and then cries foul at all doctors' knowledge, saying they're all "dumb."


Lets go over this together shall we.

“My brother got LASIK surgery on his eyes and declared it a piece of cake”


Yes I did get LASIK eye surgery and yes it was a very easy. In my opinion only someone mentally retarded or a DR. would have problems. I could see hours after the surgery and was better than 20/20 the next day and took no pain meds at all. But I did listen to the nurses at the DR's office and obeyed what they said.

Next she says
“Please understand my brother is a wimp. First class baby. He wimpers at a stubbed toe (claims it is broken)”

Yes I broke my big toe, then 2 weeks later broke it again. Did not miss a day of work and didn’t bother going to the stupid DR. I did learn to be more careful.
But lets look at other things.

25 years ago I cut my thumb down in Big Bend Park, I could see the bone after I cut it. Hour and half drive to nearest hospital and a drunk DR. refused to sew it up until he had our insurance numbers. So I call mom and get them and then that SOB sews it up. No after care pain medicine nothing. Hell the buddies grandfather that drove me to the hospital passed out from drinking while I was getting fixed and I had to drive back to camp.

In the Marines I broke my collar bone and dislocated my shoulder in the first quarter of a football game and played the whole game and didn’t go to the DR, until the next day when I couldn’t move the dang thing anymore

Another time, I got my leg slammed a car door. Got home grabbed the crown and slammed a shot, my wife looks at the cut and says “Dear, I can see your chin bone you need to get that stitched up” Well I cant sew for crap so drive to stupid DR. and get it sewn up. Again no after car pain medicine.

Then kidney stones. Go talk to any man that has had them and they will tell it’s the worse pain in the world. I got them at about midnight but didn’t go to the DR, until 8:30 when they opened because the stupid DR. book we read said they couldn’t do anything for them. Well some compare them to a woman having a baby. I would not insult someone that had a kid by natural birth by saying that, but they do hurt. Oh and did DR sister have her kids without an epidural? I don’t fricken think so. Our mom had 6 kids that way and my wife had one! (the second kid was by C-section because of the stupid DR. and I tried to get them to do it without pain meds to save money but for some reason my lovely wife said a really bad word about doing that, guess she was in a bad mood)

Then just this weekend, I did my first stupid thing in a few years and sent a nail all the way thru my little pinky to the back of my fingernail using a nail gun. I DIDN’T EVEN STOP WORKING UNTIL I HAD ALL THE BOARDS NAILED UP. I HAD A COMMITMENT TO FINISH THE JOB. And I sure as heck didn’t take pain medicine for it or goto the DR. I knew what I did and how to take care of it.

And a year and a half ago I built a pool with a broken foot.

Chicky poo you don’t know what pain is.

So if I say LASIK surgery was a pice of cake, keep in mind I can handle getting my shoulder broken, bones broke, kidney stones, nails thru the finger. A little laser in the eye aint anything.

But lets move on to the bigger issue.

“then he cries foul at all doctors' knowledge, saying they're all "dumb."

ok Missy Dr. did you ask the eye surgeon about care after the surgery? I bet he or she spelled it out in detail that rubbing your eyes will make your pp fall off or words to that effect. DON’T RUB YOUR EYES FOR TWO WEEKS. Everyone that has the surgery learns this and listens to the DR. Unless you’re a DR yourself then you figured “Ohh he just means the little wimpy people not us other DR’s who are so smart!”

I am at a loss on why you didn’t tape your goggles on. You rubbed your eyes in your sleep and moved the corneas…DUHHH

And then this line

“I then drove one block and realized I was too blind to drive. No wonder they told me not to drive the day after the surgery”

you didn’t listen to a thing the Surgeon said. Damn girl are you stuipid or just a DR?

I shouldn’t be shocked but for some perverted reason I am.


But then you read her blog and she mentions Nannys about a dozen damn times. What in the holly hell. Nannys? Don’t you mean baby siters? If having a Nanny makes you act like her, I will go without thank you very much. Fricken nannys jeez. When our kids were young we were lucky to get a baby sister. And we called them just that “baby siters”
My wife was the mom I was the dad and the baby siter kept our kids from killing themselves while we went out once every 3 months for 4 hours.

I should have put a disclaimer on my blog about LASIK. It’s a piece of cake unless you’re a wimpy, stupid, nanny using DR. then you will get addicted to valium, have bad eyes forever and your PP will fall off.

LASIK surgery was great for me. I have 20/15 in one eye and 20/20 in the other, and I do believe my hair is growing in fuller now, I have more energy, my gut is getting smaller and I think I am getting a big pay raise from work, all because of my laser eye surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Sister-in-law,
I feel the need to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful work you have done for my daughter and I. Please limit the disownment to the responsible party!
Your devoted sister-in-law,
Katy

Sue said...

You're welcome Katy.