Tuesday, March 15, 2005

My sister did me proud!!!!

I just know you'll get a kick out of this story about my clever extemporaneous actions yesterday. . .

Peyton and I were at the car dealership waiting for them to fix some paint knicks on our new (used) car (!). We sat in a waiting room and Peyton was in his car seat on the floor. I suddenly hear a small fart around my seat. I look around . . . no one. I hear another louder fart. "Peyton, was that you???" I start laughing out loud because by now there have been about 4 farts that are getting louder and longer. He just giggled and giggled - so did I! Finally a salesman knocks on the glass wall of his cubicle and shows me a remote control. He had planted a fart maker under the chair in which I sat in the waiting room. We laughed, he came out and said I was the first to blame it on my son. ha ha.

A few minutes later a couple of business-looking men come and sit a few seats away. They wore nice suits, had really short hair, were quite uptight looking.

Soon, the fart noise rings again. The men look up at me. I coyly cover my mouth and say "Oh! excuse me!!" Then, the procession of multiple, increasingly loud farts began. .. Each time I looked up at the 2 men and said something like "Oh, did you hear that?!?" "Oh Gosh! I'm so sorry!". One time I looked at Peyton and said "Oh, those beans were just too much!"

Of course, being me, as this is going on I'm turning increasingly red in the face, which added to the real-ness of my character, I believe. And for some reason Peyton thought this was histerical and he just laughed and laughed. The 2 men were just dumbfounded. Their eyes kept getting big and they couldn't look me in the eye. They couldn't have dug their heads any further into their Forbes magazines if they had tried. Finally the receptionist stood up and said "OK!Enough! That salesman has a remote control fart machine under her chair!!"

The men were dead silent for a full 3 seconds before they busted up laughing (a bit of a relieved yet panicked laughter, I must say). The salesman with the remote was just so proud of me. The spotlight was mine and I felt the real power of the successful comedian. It's quite heady. I think I'll now pursue a spot on Saturday Night Live.

Thanks for listening and hopefully laughing. Elicia

No comments: