Monday, September 20, 2004

Why didn't I do this before?

Saturday it was just my son and I at home and I wanted to pour another section of concrete. It was going to be a real hot day so I tried to get started early, but I had to take my daughter to the mother-in-laws to babysit a nephew while the wifes had a garage sale. I didnt get back until 10am, by then it was already hot. Then it took another hour to get ready. I needed help.

So I asked the good son, "if you help me with pouring the cement, I will help you mow the yard later"

son "what kind of help? college football starts soon and I dont need help with mowing."
me "all I need is after I mix the cement, if you will wet down the cement mixer and then come hold the wheelbarrow while I pour it out. It will take you just a few minutes and then you can stand at the door and watch the games while I smooth and mix another batch"
son "Can you show me how to mix the cement? I could mix and you could pour and we would get done faster!"
Me "heck yea!"


So now the good son is the official cement mixer. He is the fastest one and most consistent one we have!

Saturday we did, just him and I, the 2nd biggest pour yet and took less time than when we had 3 adults working.

And Sundays pour was mixed and spread in about an hour. (cant miss Sunday football you know)

Ohh and he never stopped, if he had the next batch ready and I was not there he would refill our water glasses. Or he cleaned tools. Or came and got the wheelbarrow from me.

Im thinking, he has straight A's in school right now, maybe I could keep him out of school sometime next week and we could finish the deck! Ohh no cant do that, he has football practice, hum maybe I could get him from school after morning practice, work during class, then take him back for afternoon practice! yea that would work!

Ok maybe not, but I do know what he will be doing this weekend!





No comments: