Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Phone call

SBC has been calling everyday this week about 7pm or so.

Normally I just hang up on them.

But last night was diffrent.

Me:What (thats how I answer sales calls)

SBC:Is x x there?

Me:What do you want.

SBC:Is this x x?

Me:What? you work at a phone company and dont know who you called?

SBC:UHHH I was calling to talk to you about your phone service and who you use. and see if we could switch you to sbc

Me.I use the only company that can service me, sbc does not have phone lines run to my house so I can not switch to you.

SBC.yes we do, you still live at address x?

Me. yes i do live there but sbc does not have phone lines run to my house.

SBC.my computer show we do so we can switch you over.

Me.I am 100% sure you do not have phone lines ran to my house.

SBC.Well sir, how would you know that?

Me.Because I dug the son of a bitch up this past summer when I put in my pool!

SBC.I will put you on our do not call list.....

4 comments:

E. McPan said...

Coming from a former telephone company worker, I'm very disappointed in your behavior. That is exactly the kind of stuff that would keep my job annoying. Of course, it is also what provided me with a job - people who insisted on digging up their own lines. At least you also didn't hit a gas line or something.

Blog ho said...

Coming from nowhere in particular I must laugh and laugh at that thought of digging up wires.

Anonymous said...

Of course, one phone company maintains the wires, and other phone companies can use the lines and pay fees to the company that owns them.

SBC does b**w, though. They drove me crazy in our former home, and I switched to Verizon.

A. McPan

Hearse Driver said...

the phone co. I use now ran there own fiber wire, for phone, tv and internet. before I dug the pool I had them reroute there wires. I "forgot" to call sbc to reroute theres. In our development SBC uses "there" wire and Pathway (co. I use) has there own.
By cutting sbc wires I have set it to were it will be a real pain to switch phone co's, they all will look for sbc wires and wont be able to find them.

I did have the elect co reroute the electricity also.